Similarities between two famous families:
- It hardly needs to be pointed out that both are Italian. Although we were infamously asked once if our name was Polish. <rolls eyes>
- Both have a successful family business. <wink wink>
- Both are benevolent dictatorships ruled by the patriarch.
- Both are well known in their respective communities.
- Both have excessive family loyalty.
- Both sprinkle their everyday conversations with little Italian phrases, like scusi and grazi.
- Both patriarchs can accomplish almost anything with a single phone call.
- Both have a trusted consigliare.
- Both are known for large, festive parties. 🙂
- Both have friends in the law enforcement and political sectors.
- Both are willing to do almost any favor for a friend.
- Both appreciate good wine.
- Both have the ability to get things done quickly and efficiently.
- Both know the usefulness of handguns.
- Both agree that Francis Ford Coppola’s 3-part masterpiece is timeless.
Well, that last one may not be technically true… but you get the idea. 😉