by Julianna Squicciarini
It’s that time again! Edward Norton’s birthday is fast approaching. For the uninitiated, The Annual Norton Film Festival (TANFF) is an annual celebration surrounding actor Edward Norton’s birthday on August 18. We spend the week watching Norton flicks and enjoying his stellar onscreen performance. Some of the movies we are watching this year will be open to the public, and we would love to have you join us! Our schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, August 15: TANFF kick-off with a private viewing of The Painted Veil (2006, starring Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts, and Edward Norton; rated PG-13). Sorry, this event is not open to the public.
- Sunday, August 16: No movie.
- Monday, August 17: Private viewing of Pride and Glory (2008, starring Colin Farrell, Jon Voight, and Edward Norton; rated R). Sorry, this event is not open to the public, as we have not yet seen this movie.
- Tuesday, August 18: Private commemoration of the Norton birthday to be held at The Residence. This event is by invitation only unless you are already present for other reasons.
- Wednesday, August 19: The Score (2001, starring Robert De Niro, Marlon Brando, and Edward Norton; rated R). By invitation only – seating will be limited. Should you be privileged to receive one of our exclusive invitations, please be sure to bring your own favorite movie snack. We will provide the popcorn. The movie will begin promptly at 7:30pm.
- Thursday, August 20: Public viewing of The Illusionist (2006, starring Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel, Rufus Sewell, and Edward Norton; rated PG-13). This film will be shown theater-style and is open to the public. Please bring your favorite movie snack. As usual, we will provide the popcorn. The movie will begin promptly at 7:30pm, so we recommend arriving earlier to get a good seat.
- Friday, August 21: Private viewing of The Incredible Hulk (2008, starring Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, and Edward Norton; rated PG-13). Sorry, this event is not open to the public.
If you have questions about TANFF or would like to reserve a place, please email email@example.com.